Sunday, January 22, 2012

Computer Cases - No longer just a box.

With my last two graphics card burning up and then the motherboard crashing every other day, I decided that now it is extremely necessary to get a case designed to prevent those problems. 


This the Corsair Graphite Series 600T Mesh Mid-Tower Case.  With two latches the side doors are easily removed.

Open side shot. The hard drive bays caddies are on the bottom right. Enough for six of them.
This is one of the flexible drive bay caddy. It is very easily removed.

Now, I can wax poetic about this case. It has some great features. More room than you can shake a stick at. You can almost swing a cat inside it. J/K to the cat lovers. :-) It stands 20" high, 10.4" wide, and 23.3" in length.

I comes with two 200 mm fans and a rear 120 mm fan that ensures good air flow. Cooling being the large bugaboo with gaming computers right now.

It has 4 optical or floppy drive bays, that slide in and out. No screws. Just a lock-down.

The power supply area has it's own removable/cleanable filter with a slide lock should you choose not to use screws to lock the power supply down. It does have screws for the suspenders and belt types, like me. The front intake fan , 200 mm (Over 7" wide), is fairly quiet with a removable/cleanable filter. The other 200 mm fan is located on the top. The 120 mm fan is on the top back. In the picture you can barely make it out.

Now, the most interesting feature is the cable management system, complete with neoprene rubber. It makes for a cleaner area above the mother board and allows air to flow freely through out the case. 


Now,  as you can see, all the cabling can be wire tied and tucked away so that cables can't impede air flow.

The case looks sleek and menacing. With the wire mesh, I can add four more fans to augment it, or I can install a plastic clear cover to show off all the neat things in side. Some people go so far as to add LED's inside. That is a little too much for me, but I still like this one.

This is the one my wife likes.


Fairly soon, I will upgrade her computer with this case and a perfect motherboard as well. :-) This is Antec Lanboy Air Yellow. It comes with five 120 mm fans with room to add TEN more.  This one is actually a little smaller than my pick. 20.3" high, 8.7" wide and 20.2" length. It has some nice fold away carrying handles as well.

Some more pictures to drool on.
Exploded view.

Rear View.

The whole idea now with computer cases is getting more air flow and cooling to overheated boards.

Next up, Graphics Cards. Two is company, three is even better but it costs ya..

3 comments:

  1. No screws. Just a lock-down.

    Nice. I love getting inside, but I hate getting inside, if you know what I mean. I also very much like the accessible hard drive bays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A debt of gratitude is in order for setting aside an ideal opportunity to talk about that, I feel unequivocally about this thus truly like becoming more acquainted with additional on this sort of field. Do you brain upgrading your blog entry with extra understanding? It ought to be truly helpful for every one of us. Network Design Services

    ReplyDelete